You’re here because you want to lose weight.
And you probably want to do it quickly. After all, the title is how to lose 10 pounds in one week. It can be done and I can tell you how.
Keto Works Differently for Different People.Now, I don’t really think I should have to say this, but you’re unique – just like everybody else.
What is Ketosis?Ketosis is the metabolic state where your body uses fat/ketones for fuel instead of sugar/carbs – that’s the selling that has made the Keto Diet all the rage.
Fat Weight vs. Water Weight.If you are going to lose 10 pounds or more in a week it is going to be mostly water weight, it’s one of the signs of Ketosis.
Fat Burning Foods?Please beware of claims of “fat burning” or “metabolism increasing” foods.
Net Carbs & Fiber
How to Get Into Ketosis & Lose 10 Pounds
- Don’t eat any sugar
- Don’t eat any “net” carbs (starches like potatoes, and grains)
- Don’t overeat protein
- Don’t eat any sweeteners (even zero calorie, no carb sweeteners)
- Get most (80 to 90%) of your calories from healthy fat.
- Drink lots of water.
The Plan to Lose Weight QuicklyThe night before you start, eat early if you can and try not to eat too many carbs. Don’t eat any noodles, potatoes, bread, etc. and skip dessert. Do eat the Protein and leafy and cruciferous veggies like meat and salad or meat and broccoli with cheese – that sort of thing.
- Don’t drink any alcohol at all.
- Don’t have any “diet drinks”
- Drink lots of water. (black coffee, tea, club soda are okay and count as water)
- Do something to get tired, like take a long walk or work out.
- Then go to bed early enough that you can get eight hours of sleep if possible. You may not sleep that well because this is not your normal routine but give it a try.
- When you wake up, Drink water (some people like to add a little spritz of lemon or lime & that’s okay)
- Wait as long as you can to eat or drink anything with calories. Don’t torture yourself, but if you can wait until lunch to eat, that will be great, if you can wait ’til dinner that would be even better.
- When you do eat, have a leafy green salad with oil & vinegar dressing, and maybe some fatty protein like bacon, chicken wings or fried eggs.
- For dinner, eat low carb veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts etc. and some meat (fatty meats are better).
- Keep your protein low – for men this mean less than 50 grams, and women less than 40 grams. (your body turns excess protein into sugar & you don’t want that)
- To be clear, you will only eat small portions of meat and veggies.
- Again do something to get tired and try to get to be early.
- Keep calories low (for men less than 1000, and for women less than 900)
- Keep net carbs as low as possible (less than 5% of total calories for men less than 12 grams and for woman less than 11 grams)
- Keep protein under 15% of total calories (For men less than 37 grams and for woman less than 33 grams)
- Do something to get tired and go to bed early.
- This is fasting – zero calories – The ultimate Keto Diet
- You should drink water – lots of it.
- You may drink black coffee, tea, club soda (the flavored club soda is okay).
- You may add a little spritz of lemon or lime to your drinks (there is calories in lemon, but it is insignificant if you only add enough for flavor)
- Do not eat or drink any sweeteners. (no “diet drinks” no sweet & low, no splenda etc. If it tastes sweet don’t eat it.)
- You should have a some salt. (I know it seems weird to have salt with nothing to put it on but if you are in ketosis and drinking enough water you will need to replenish your electrolytes so you don’t get crampy and sore.)
- Keep your regular schedule. Still do something to get tired and go to bed early.