Before jumping to the recipe, don't miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post! I hope you'll find them useful and will love this fantastic recipe.
A word about hot dogs….
Low Carb Baking Tips:
- Low carb flour like almond meal and coconut flour doesn’t brown very well. In most instances brown means “burnt” when we are talking about almond flour. But if you brush your baked creations with egg whites it gives Low Carb breads a golden brown, crispier texture.
- If you are using sausages instead of hot dogs it will be best to cook the sausages first. You can pan fry or bake but in the oven the regular Italian sausages usually take 45-60 minutes and your corn bread wrapper will be burnt to a crisp by then.
- Nut flours are not good burnt.
Low Carb Condiments
Feel Free to Change Up the Corn DogsOne of the things that I love about low carb recipes is the ability to change it up.
Keto Corn Dogs Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. Remove from heat and add corn extract.
- Stir the egg into to the flour mixture, and then add the cheese mixture, combining all until it becomes a firm dough.
- Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches. You can roll between two pieces of parchment if this makes it easier.
- Cut into 8 triangles with a pizza wheel. ( Think about how those cressent rolls look when they come out of the can). Or you can cut into strips if you want to make "mummy dogs".
- Wrap the dough around the hot dog with oiled hands and brush with a whisked egg.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. The hot dog will be hot by then too.