Before jumping to the recipe, don't miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post! I hope you'll find them useful and will love this fantastic recipe.
I have never been a morning person but coffee makes it all seem better.
Cold old black coffee was the only way until I tried Bulletproof Coffee.
I thought it was just going to be another gimmick but this recipe keeps me filled up and on the move.
My Grammy used to make “butter coffee” so this isn’t an entirely new idea but it has been revamped and gaining popularity.
If you haven’t tried this yet you are missing out.
The energy that you get from bulletproof coffee just “feels cleaner” than straight coffee and it’s keep you going longer. The bonus is the great taste.
Tips to Make Great Keto Coffee:
- You don’t HAVE to use grass fed butter but it’s better for you if you can. Don’t fuss over it too much though.
- Don’t worry if your coconut oil is in a solid state, the coffee will melt it.
- Using a milk frother or any blender will mix this up so the oil isn’t sitting at the top. (it will of course float back up soon so drink up if you don’t like that).
- If you have MCT oil use it instead of coconut oil. Don’t stress it too much if you don’t. MCT is derived from coconut oil and it can be used as well.
- You can add a dash of cinnamon , cocoa powder, coconut milk or just cream. Make it how ever you like as long as you are using enough butter and MCT/ Coconut oil. (Cinnamon regulates blood sugar)
What the heck is Bulletproof Coffee?
If you have heard of the Keto Diet, you have undoubtedly heard of bulletproof coffee.
But what a lot of people don’t know is that Bulletproof is a brand created by a guy named Dave Asprey.
He’s revived and improved the tradition of adding fat to your morning coffee as an energy boost.
You can read all about his on his blog.
He wanted to lose weight to feel better and he ended up creating a whole brand to help others achieve what he did. He’s kind of awesome….
So what is it?
Bulletproof coffee is a fat-ful delicious version of your favorite morning drink.
It’s coffee but it has all of the healthy fats to get your day started off right.
You can add what you like and leave out what you don’t with the exception of the butter and MCT or Coconut oil.
On a healthy Ketogenic Diet 75% of your calories should be coming from healthy fats.
Fat is where you get you best energy and coffee is the best way to start your day
Why I hate the word diet.
The word diet sounds like you’re depriving yourself – it does not sound fun or delicious.
Weight loss on Keto depends on you strictly limiting carbs and limiting protein to only what your body needs for maintenance.
The idea is that you stay in ketosis and get your energy from fat – either body fat, or healthy fat that you eat
I have had trouble with this for a while and my weight loss stalled even though I wasn’t eating any sugar.
When I’m in ketosis, I am simply not hungry, but in the morning I need something for my stomach to work on so it doesn’t get upset.
Bulletproof Coffee is great because nearly all the calories are from fat so it makes my tummy happy and has almost no effect on insulin.
So it’s a little like breakfast without really breaking the fast.
That’s why it’s my Keto Breakfast of champions.
There is a lot of talk and hype about MCT oil and there should be it really does work. Here’s the skinny:
MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) can help your body transition to Ketosis because it is absorbed quicker and is easier for you liver to change into Ketones.
This also means that it really can provide an energy boost, especially if you combine it with the caffeine in coffee – might be why coffee and MCT are such a popular combo.
MCT oil is made by removing all the long chain triglycerides from Coconut Oil which is about 54% MCT.
If you don’t want to pay the extra for MCT you can get a similar energy boost from coconut oil.
You can substitute MCT for coconut oil in your bullet proof coffee.
But either way, bulletproof coffee will give you that kick that you need to start your day!
Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Rub the sleep from your eyes.
- Make coffee.
- While the coffee is brewing Put the butter and coconut oil in your coffee cup.
- When the coffee is brewed, pour coffee in the cup with the oil and butter.
- Add vanilla and cream if you like.
- Enjoy… and repeat as necessary.
Readers’ Favorite Categories:
Good Morning and have a great day.
If you have any questions or comment about the Bulletproof coffee eamil us or leave a comment Thom or I will get back to you as quickly as we can.