Before jumping to the recipe, don't miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post! I hope you'll find them useful and will love this fantastic recipe.
I found another great reason to love the Fall!
If you like Pumpkin Pie, and you like cheese cake, you are going to love Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake.
And as is our tradition here at CITM, it is not only low carb and Keto friendly it’s also fairly easy to make.
You can have your treats and ketosis too.
It’s a delightful win-win situation.
Alright enough about that, let’s get on to the reason you’re on this post -The super duper extra fantastic delicious Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
The Crust Options
This recipe has a pecan crust and I must say that it is delicious.
If you need a really good blender here is the one that we have and I recommend it.
If you don’t have pecans or don’t like them or whatever, this recipe works perfectly well walnuts.
If you don’t want to use walnuts either – no worries, you can make an almond crust and the deliciousness will shine through.
Here’s the Almond Crust.
The Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Making the filling is really easy. But there are a few tricks that will make it turn out better.
Egg should be up to room temp before you crack them into the mix.
If you think about it in advance you can just leave the eggs in a bowl on the counter for an hour or so before you start.
If you’re like me and you don’t tend to think that far in advance, just set your egg in a bowl of warm water (90° – 95°F) while you’re grinding the flour and making the crust.
Cream cheese should be softened. Same thing if you think of it in advance ya-da-ya-da…
If you need to soften it quickly, unwrap it and put it in the microwave for 15 or 20 seconds.
Blend the filling until it is whipped.
Normally I do all my mixing with a stand up Kitchen Aid mixer, But with something like this pie filling it is easier and better to do it in a blender.
You are going to want to blend this so it is whipped and aerated like a smoothie. If you do it this way your Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake a little fluffier.
You can buy pumpkin spice already made – it’s good and will work just fine.
But you can also make your very own customized to your taste pumpkin spice and that is even better.
I always like to include a reminder that our spice measurements are mostly suggestions.
If you’re new to baking you might want to follow recipes more exactly but if you know what you like – go ahead make it delicious according to you.
Here is how to make your own pumpkin spice.
Serving Suggestion: Keto Whipped Cream
The Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake is very much like pumpkin pie but with cheesy deliciousness. Remember the whole win-win thing?
And what would be a better topping than whipped cream Keto whipped Cream?
This is one thing that I can say I prefer the Keto version.
I definitely prefer it to that stuff that comes out of a cheese-whiz kind of can – I mean who knows what the h*** is in that stuff.
I even prefer Keto to regular homemade whipped cream with confectioners sugar.
Maybe it’s just me, but that cooling kind of taste that comes with erythritol is a really nice complement to the creamy fluff.
If you would like to make homemade Keto whipped cream, here’s how…
Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 cup pecans ground fine. You can substitute walnuts for pecans.
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Put the pecans in a blender and blend until ground into fine "pecan flour." You can also buy pecan flour but not in my grocery store.
- Put the ground pecans in a large mixing bowl along with the almond flour, salt and melted butter and mix thoroughly. I just use a wooden spoon for this.
- Once mixed, press the pecan mixture into an 8" pie pan or cheesecake pan and bake crust for 10-15 minutes in at 350° F – until lightly brown. when it is done. Put crust in fridge to cool while you make the filling.
- To make the filling you basically need to thoroughly combine the ingredients. Since you already have the blender out to make the pecan flour, you can put put the all of the filling ingredients in the blender and blend them.If you would rather you can mix them in an electric mixer.
- Once it is mixed thoroughly, pour filling into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, until set. Watch this closely, cooking times can vary quite a bit.
- When it's done cooking, cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours before eating.
Readers’ Favorite Categories:
We endeavor to make sure nutrition & macros are as exact as possible and the proportions are as close to perfect Keto as you can get, but it won’t hurt our feelings if you check our work.
There are lots more great Keto Dessert recipes at CITM.
We also have Tips, Tricks and Info if you need help with Keto.
Live well, enjoy your life & Keto On