Before jumping to the recipe, don't miss the HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS in the post! I hope you'll find them useful and will love this fantastic recipe.
Hey Low Carb People!
Check out these fantastic little Everything Bagel Keto Crackers that Thom made!
They were super crunchy and super easy. I had a hard time believing that they only have three ingredients.
Now, I know that we are not the only ones with a Low carb everything bagel cracker recipe. There are a few going around the Keto Block.
But, these WILL satisfy your Keto Cravings for crunch...I can tell you that.And, they will stand up to any dip, we even spread goat cheese on ours.
They are a far cry from some of our first attempts at cheese based crackers that came out sort of...you know, chewy.
We all know that this is the ONE common problem with low carb snacks like this...sometimes they fall short in the crispy department.
My husband figured out the "trick" to make sure your crackers will get crispy...without burning them. He also added this trick into the almond everything crackers....in case you are in the dairy free group.
He won't tell me if this little trick was discovered by accident or if it was a "stroke of genius"...but whatever, I'm happy about it.
Get your stuff together:
- Gather all of your ingredients.
This shouldn't be hard since there are really only three ingredients. If you don't have Everything Bagel Spice you can get it here.
Or.....you can make your own. I have posted the recipe after the cracker recipe. Its so easy...if you have the ingredients. And, you can customize it however you would like.
You could also just season these however the heck you want...seas salt & pepper, thyme, sage, whatever...
That's the beauty of taking the time to make your own , whole, healthy food right?
Speaking of time...this wont take much at all. This great recipe will surprise you with how simple and easy it is compared to what you get in return.
- Use a metal spatula to "combine" the dough.
I know it seems weird but its important because this dough is dry. In fact, you might be tempted to add more than what is listed in the ingredients to it...BUT DON'T.
It will work itself into a dough and adding water, oil or anything else will add moisture.
Moisture is a deal breaker when making these crispy treats.
- See, I told you it will turn into dough.
The oil that will lubricate your hands comes from the warm cheese...don't add extra oil.
- Don't skip using the parchment paper.
Parchment paper is a Keto Cooks best friend. Roll the dough between the pieces of parchment and try to get the dough as even as possible.
- Use your pizza cutter to score the dough before placing the dough on your baking sheet.
- Your crackers will just be beginning to get brown when you remove them from the oven.
Don't worry, they will get browned in the next step and this is the secret...ok, not so secret trick to getting them delightfully crunchy.
- Once you remove the baking sheet from the oven...turn it off and let the crackers cool for 5 minutes.
Place them back into the oven (it will be beginning to cool down). This will act like a dehydrator of sorts and brown your crackers while giving them that "cracker" texture that you have been looking for.
Take a look at the golden brown color...
And, don't get me stared on the texture. Look at those seeds!
These were a masterpiece. I know, I know, maybe it's weird that I get so excited about these.
But, they are damn delicious and I am pretty proud of them and my smarty-pants husband. I would have been afraid to leave them in the oven for fear of burning them.
I broke a few up to show off those sharp edges. These made an awesome, low carb lunch that hit the spot.
They were eaten in one sitting by the family so he had to make more to figure out how to store them.
- If you are going to store these make sure that they get ALL the way cool before putting them into your airtight container.
Place a paper towel in the bottom of the container to soak up any moisture because moisture = soggy.
These are pretty simple...
They aren't complicated and won't take up your whole day.
I know that you are going to love these. I mean, there is nothing not to love.
Also, they are tween approved. She isn't too fussy about food and is a really good sport about trying just about anything that we make.
But, she is serious about crackers and these were her favorite so far.
If you have any questions or awesome ideas about toppings please leave us a comment below.
Crispy Keto Crackers
Keto Everything Bagel Cheese Crackers
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, nuke the cheese on high for 60 seconds or until hot and melty.
- Add the almond flour and Everything-Bagel Spice and mix thoroughly with a spatula. (yes a spatula, the metal variety - seems weird, but trust me on this one)
- Once mixed, make the dough into a ball, place the ball between two sheets of parchment, and roll to 1/16th of an inch thick. (the thinner you roll the crispier cracker you will get, but you should definitely stop at 1/16th inch)
- Remove the top parchment, and then use a pizza cutter to cut into 24 squares.
- Slide the paper with rolled out dough onto a baking sheet. (you may want to use some scissors to trim the excess parchment)
- Optional: Season the top of the crackers with Everything Bagel Spice.
- Bake for 9- 12 minutes until beginning to brown on the top.
- Once beginning to brown remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. As soon as you remove the crackers from the oven turn off the oven, then after the 5 minutes of cooling, return to the oven (turned off) and leave them in there for 20 minutes or so while the oven cools. This will make them a crunch golden brown.
- If you are going to store the crackers. Wait for them cool completely, the put a paper towel in the bottom of an airtight container and put the crackers on top. You can store them in the fridge like this for up to a week. (lol, they will never last this long).
Readers' Favorite Categories:
The nutritional information on this site is calculated using the USDA database. I take great care in providing the most accurate information possible.
But, if anything ever looks off on this site or ANY site for that matter, you should feel free to do your own calculations, and if you find something let us know.
Just in case you want to make your own Everything Bagel Spice....
(It's freaking delicious)
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2.5 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 Tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds Toasted or raw. Whatever you like.
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1.5 Tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 Tsp flaked sea salt
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container. I use a small mason jar with the top from the powdered Parmesan in the green can.